- Public Relations Phone: (228) 386-7134
- Media Requests: Mary Cracchiolo
- Mailing Address:
Beau Rivage Resort & Casino
875 Beach Boulevard
Biloxi, Mississippi 39530
BEAU RIVAGE RESORT & CASINO FACT SHEET
Beau Rivage Resort & Casino
875 Beach Boulevard
Biloxi, Mississippi 39530
(228) 386-7134 – Media Information
(888) 567-6667 – Toll-Free Room Reservations
(800) 261-9548 – Beau Rivage Vacations
Internet Addresses – www.beaurivage.com,
For more information or to make reservations, call (888) 56-ROOMS or (228) 386-7444 between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. (CDT), Monday-Friday, and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekends, or visit www.beaurivage.com.
GENERAL PROPERTY FACTS
- Originally opened: March 16, 1999; re-opened: August 29, 2006
- Original cost: $800 million; renovation cost: $550 million
- A wholly owned subsidiary of MGM RESORTS INTERNATIONAL™
- The largest employer in Biloxi with 3,800+ employees
- The largest resort in the Southeast to receive the AAA Four Diamond award; recognized by both Conde Nast Traveler and Travel + Leisure as one of the top resorts in the country
- The tallest and largest building in Mississippi reaching 32 stories and 3.2 million square feet
- Features the most table games, guest rooms and meeting space on the Gulf Coast
- Conveniently located on the Gulf Coast in Biloxi approximately an hour drive from New Orleans to the west and Mobile, Alabama to the east; near the Gulfport/Biloxi International Airport, serviced by 6 major airlines with 48 regular daily non-stop flights
- Beau Rivage features 1,740 guest rooms and suites, redesigned casino floor, 11 restaurants, four lounges and bars, 12 retail venues, spa and salon, pool and convention center
FEATURES OF THE ‘NEW’ BEAU RIVAGE
- Completely enhanced architecture and interior design scheme boasting contemporary ambiance infused with the resort’s signature Southern charm and elegance
- Reconfigured casino floor including new poker room, state-of-the-art gaming areas and better-defined high-limits area
- Enhanced atrium and lobby area featuring thousands of plants and flowers
- Redesigned guest rooms and suites with fresh, contemporary decor and even more luxurious amenities including 32-inch LCD flat-screen TVs
- A spa and salon with expanded service menu and new product line
- Two new gourmet restaurants including BR Prime and Jia
- New casino lounge – Breeze Bar – located at the heart of the action
- Reconfigured retail promenade designed to enhance the shopping experience
- Tom Fazio-designed Fallen Oak
ROOMS AND SUITES
The redesigned 32-story Beau Rivage features 1,740 newly remodeled rooms, including 95 luxury suites with all the amenities guests would expect from a AAA Four Diamond resort:
- Contemporary interior design scheme with cherry-wood furniture, original artwork and stunning views of the Mississippi Gulf or the Back Bay
- Double pillow-top mattresses and triple sheeting
- Guest bathrooms with Grecian marble floors and surfaces, soaking tub and separate enclosed shower stall, third telephone, make-up/shaving mirror and hair dryer
- Individual climate control to select room temperature and airflow
- Lighted closets with full-length mirrored doors
- Writing desk featuring phone with voicemail and high-speed Internet access
The resort’s 85,000-square-foot casino features 93 table games, 2,100 slot machines, 230 video poker games and a 16-table poker room. The resort also offers a luxurious high-roller salon functioning as a ‘casino within a casino’ that includes 10 blackjack tables and an interchangeable table for roulette or baccarat; a high-limit slot room with 100 slot machines; an exclusive buffet and bar lounge; dedicated cashier services; private restrooms and round-the-clock concierge service.
Beau Rivage features the following dining venues:
- BR Prime – Beau Rivage’s signature steak and seafood restaurant features prime grade steaks, fresh seafood and an extensive 3,500-bottle wine collection
- Jia – Contemporary Asian cuisine including a variety of soups, salads, noodles and regional specialties from Thailand, Japan, China, Vietnam and Hong Kong
- Memphis Q Smokehouse & Barbeque – Hot barbeque, house-smoked chicken, fried delta catfish and deliciously tempting Southern desserts
- The Buffet – A wide variety of cuisines, specialty foods and Southern favorites
- Coast – Pub-style appetizers, hamburgers, brick-oven pizzas and entrees
- Terrace Café – Classic American appetizers, entrees, sandwiches, salads and desserts
- The Roasted Bean – Steaming home-roasted coffee, sandwiches, salads and desserts
- Snacks – New York deli-style sandwiches, salads and desserts
- Scoops – Gourmet ice cream, homemade gelatos, shakes and ice cream bars
- Fallen Oak – Located in the clubhouse, the restaurant features contemporary American bistro-style fare and panoramic views of the course
BARS AND NIGHTLIFE
- Breeze Bar – Exotic cocktails and specialty drinks at the heart of the casino
- Coast – Energetic mix of cool people and the best live entertainment in town
- EIGHT75 – Ranked one of Nightclub & Bar Magazine's top 100 establishments in the country; classic cocktails and signature martinis in a contemporary, plush environment
- Pool Bar & Café – Tropical drinks and cocktails with a view of the lush pool area
BEAU RIVAGE ENTERTAINMENT
Beau Rivage continues its tradition of bringing top entertainment to the Coast nearly every weekend:
- Jay Leno, Tony Bennett, B.B. King, The Beach Boys, Olivia Newton-John, Michael Bolton and Ron White are just some of the performers who have lit up the stage at Beau Rivage
- Beau Rivage’s 1,550-seat theater features a $3 million, state-of-the-art sound and lighting system and is consider one of the best-equipped theaters in the country
- To purchase tickets or for updated listings: (888) 566-7469 or www.beaurivage.com
BEAU RIVAGE RETAILERS
Beau Rivage features the following boutiques:
- The Jewelry Box Watch Boutique – Prestigious watch lines and distinctive jewelry collections by Rolex, Cartier, David Yurman, Lagos and Roberto Coin
- Actique – Fine beauty including Bumble and Bumble, j.f. lazartigue, Chantecaille and Pevonia
- Beau Rivage Collections – Ladies’ designer sportswear, evening attire and accessories
- Beau Rivage Emporium – Children’s apparel, ladies’ sportswear, gourmet food
- Bellini Men’s Apparel – Designer fashions and accessories
- Capri – Ladies’ designer sportswear, swimwear and accessories
- Da Milano – Designer shoes and accessories
- Impulse – Beau Rivage logo clothing and souvenirs
- $10 Boutique – Fashion watches, jewelry, scarves, fashion belts, purses and more – all for $10
- NU’VO – Seasonal merchandise and regional gourmet food
- BR ETC – Sundries, beverages, snacks, candy and logo items
- Waves – Fun and sun necessities and accessories
- Fallen Oak Pro Shop – Fallen Oak logo apparel, golf merchandise and more
BEAU RIVAGE’S SPA AND SALON
While visiting the 20,000-square-foot Spa and Salon, guests enjoy personalized treatments ranging from wraps and therapeutic massages to facials or even eyelash extensions:
- Fourteen massage treatment rooms; four facial rooms; two private pedicure rooms; one deluxe group pedicure room, that can accommodate up to five guests at one time; five manicure stations; five stylist stations; three make-up stations; a workout facility; and separate vanity areas for men and women featuring steam, sauna and whirlpool amenities
- Expanded treatment menu with innovative offerings such as the Caviar & Pearl Facial, Youthful Recovery Epidermabrasion and Xtreme Eyelashes
- Designed in a living room setting, the Spa’s solarium delivers the comforts of home while inspiring the feelings of serenity and calm encompassing only the best in spa experiences
- State-of-the-art fitness facility featuring top-of-the-line Cybex Eagle equipment
- Note: The Spa and Salon boast more than 70 highly trained professionals including massage therapists, aestheticians, cosmetologists, hair stylists and more
With a fabulous view of the Gulf, Beau Rivage’s lushly landscaped tropical pool is the perfect setting for a crowd of friends, a business event or a private getaway for two:
- Private poolside cabanas with luxury amenities and concierge services
- Poolside areas available for outdoor events and private functions
Situated 20 minutes north of Beau Rivage, the Tom Fazio-designed Fallen Oak is an ultra-exclusive golf experience unmatched by any course in the Southeast, and offers:
- Spectacular play through one of the most lush and splendid architectural landscapes in the country with more than 1,000 mature oaks, pines and magnolias; 3,500 tons of Tour Grade Signature Blend sand; wetlands, forest, marshes, pecan groves and more
- Five sets of tees with risk-reward options on each hole
- A 12,000-square-foot clubhouse built to resemble an Acadian-style Southern mansion
MEETING AND CONVENTION SPACE
Beau Rivage effortlessly merges unparalleled refinement with the most technologically advanced business procedures available to ensure exceptional affairs. With 50,000 square feet of state-of-the-art flexible meeting space, the resort can accommodate groups of up to 1,800.
- Magnolia Ballroom –17,000 square feet
- Camellia Ballroom – 7,200 square feet
- Azalea Room – 4,400 square feet
- Oaks Boardroom – 520 square feet of space with adjoining bar and pantry
Recognizing the technical needs of business travelers, Beau Rivage offers a fully equipped Business Center with the capabilities and comfort of one’s work office:
- Support functions such as typing and word processing assistance
- Rental computers, high-speed Internet access, traditional and overnight mail services, fax/copier/printer, office supplies and more
MGM RESORTS INTERNATIONAL (NYSE: MGM), one of the world's leading and most respected hotel and gaming companies, owns and operates 19 properties located in Nevada, Mississippi and Michigan, and has investments in three other properties in Nevada, New Jersey and Illinois. The Company has entered into an agreement to sell its Colorado Belle and Edgewater properties located in Laughlin, Nevada. In addition, the Company has major new developments under construction in Nevada, Michigan and Macau S.A.R. CityCenter is a multi-billion dollar mixed-use urban development in the heart of the Las Vegas Strip; a new MGM Grand hotel and casino complex is being built in downtown Detroit; and the Company has a 50% interest in MGM Grand Macau, a hotel-casino resort currently under construction in Macau S.A.R. MGM RESORTS INTERNATIONAL supports responsible gaming and has implemented the American Gaming Association's Code of Conduct for Responsible Gaming at its properties. MGM RESORTS INTERNATIONAL also has been the recipient of numerous awards and recognitions for its industry-leading Diversity Initiative and its community philanthropy programs. For more information about MGM RESORTS INTERNATIONAL, please visit the company's website at http://www.mgmresorts.com.
FALLEN OAK FACT SHEET
Fallen Oak is located 15 miles north of the Beau Rivage Resort on a 510-acre tract in Biloxi, Mississippi. The course runs adjacent to the DeSoto National Forest.
Playing to a par-72, Fallen Oak features five sets of tees and will extend 7,486 yards from the back tees. A resort course, Fallen Oak will be available exclusively for guests of Beau Rivage.
Fallen Oak is characterized by a lush, rolling landscape covered in oak and pine ridges, magnolias, pecan groves, large lakes, winding streams and wetlands. The course features 10 bridges and concealed cart paths to protect the natural features of the terrain.
Fallen Oak features the following elements:
- A SubAir drainage system, which vacuums moisture out of the greens to keep them consistent and healthy.
- Tiff eagle Bermuda grass (greens), 419 Bermuda grass (fairways), zoysia grass (flanking the bunkers and creeks) and native Bahia grass (flanking the course).
- Transplanting of more than 1,000 oaks, magnolia, pine and other hardwood trees.
- More than 3,500 tons of Ohio-based, Tour Grade Signature Blend bunker sand, brought from barge down the Mississippi to Mobile, Ala., and trucked to the site.
- Approximately 125 acres of sod, enough to cover 96 football fields.
12,000-square foot Acadian-style Southern mansion with a 1,000-square foot pro shop, 70-seat lounge and restaurant and locker facilities.
November 6, 2006
A WALK THROUGH BEAU RIVAGE
A SOUTHERN WELCOME
Upon arrival to Beau Rivage Resort & Casino, instead of neon signs, guests are greeted by a sign of a softer variety, made up of seasonal southern flowers planted in gardens at the edge of Beach Boulevard. This outdoor “floral sign” is changed four times yearly to mark the start of each season.
At the entrance to Beau Rivage, 29 majestic Live Oaks flank the drive to the porte cochere, creating a graceful canopy reminiscent of the entrance to a stately southern mansion. Nestled beneath the oaks, camellias, azaleas and evergreens provide a lush and beautiful welcome.
As visitors enter the atrium lobby, they are greeted by an indoor arboretum featuring a glass ceiling with specialty lighting designed to highlight the grandeur of the atrium’s beautiful elements.
An array of colorful flowers and evergreens create an unforgettable arrival impression. The beautiful annuals in the atrium are changed monthly: varieties include chrysanthemums, begonias, Gerber daisies, ornamental peppers, blooming azaleas, hydrangeas, and poinsettias in winter.
Charming and elegant, Beau Rivage’s 1,740 guest rooms and suites boast contemporary décor including original artwork and stunning views the Mississippi Gulf Coast or historic Biloxi and its Back Bay.
Spacious guestrooms feature double pillow-top mattresses, triple sheeting, 32-inch flat screen TVs, bathrooms accented by Spanish and Grecian marble, hand-finished wood and marble vanities, as well as separate soaking tubs and stand-alone showers. Warm and vibrant fabrics are artfully employed as both window dressings and canopies for the beds.
For those traveling on business, each room offers data ports, multiple telephone lines and an electronic safe to protect valuables.
DINING AND NIGHTLIFE
The culinary standard at Beau Rivage is on par with the world’s finest resorts. From traditional cooking to exotic international cuisine, Beau Rivage’s distinctive restaurants and cafes offer a multitude of dining experiences.
Classic meets contemporary at BR Prime. Beau Rivage’s signature steak and seafood restaurant delivers one of the finest culinary experiences the Southeast has to offer within its relaxed cosmopolitan setting. Warm and welcoming, the bar at BR Prime is a place to gather with friends, unwind and prepare for the culinary journey ahead. Within the dining area, dramatic shifts of light create an air of sophistication among warm-colored stonework, hardwood flooring and striking walls of glass and wood complemented by an extensive 3,500-bottle wine cellar. The menu features classic American steakhouse fare including wet-aged and dry-aged prime beef, Gulf shrimp, three-pound Australian lobster tails and stone crab accompanied by garlic fries, rich potatoes au gratin and lavish salads with homemade dressings. Desserts are equally as exciting and impossible to surpass.
Beau Rivage’s contemporary Asian restaurant, Jia, emanates excitement and inspires serenity. Enveloped in Asian-Zen modern décor, Jia dishes out authentic sushi, teppanyaki and pan-Asian cuisine created from simple, quality ingredients. The menu spotlights a variety of soups, salads, noodles and regional specialties from Thailand, Japan, China, Vietnam and Hong Kong. An extensive selection of cocktail creations from specialty elixirs to Asian beers and sake complement its exotic fare.
Memphis Q Smokehouse & Barbeque
Cool Blues and hot barbecue are synonymous with Memphis Q. Guests enjoy thick, juicy steaks and Memphis traditions such as house-smoked chicken, fried delta catfish and deliciously tempting southern desserts.
Coast fuels the appetite and the soul with hearty appetizers, plump and juicy hamburgers, brick-oven pizzas and savory entrees. When the sun goes down, Coast lights up as the hottest nightclub on the Gulf Coast with an energetic mix of people and the best live entertainment in town.
Nestled in the lobby’s atrium among dazzling garden displays, the Terrace Café provides the ideal locale for guests to relax in a casual setting as they enjoy an array of contemporary and classic American cuisine. This 24-hour café delivers a tempting selection of appetizers, entrees, sandwiches, salads and mouth-watering desserts.
The Buffet at Beau Rivage offers an enticing collection of specialty foods and southern favorites. This extraordinary dining atmosphere takes buffet dining to a new level with live-action stations, the freshest ingredients and meals custom prepared to meet every guest craving.
The Roasted Bean
Located on the shopping promenade, The Roasted Bean features a variety of sumptuous sandwiches, salads and tempting desserts. Coffee beans are roasted and ground daily by The Roasted Bean’s in-house master roaster to create supreme coffee, espresso and cappuccino. Guests can take the experience home in The Roasted Bean’s vacuum-sealed bags of coffee, chocolate-covered coffee beans or colorful travel mugs. The master roaster also custom blends coffee for each of the resort’s restaurants.
Situated in the heart of the action between the casino floor and Coast, Snacks offers a multitude of overstuffed sandwiches, bountiful salads and scrumptious desserts.
Serving up homemade gelato among old-fashioned favorites such as sundaes, milk shakes and ice cream bars, Scoops delivers a delectable array of refreshing treats to soothe on a warm day or finish the evening with sweet thoughts.
Pool Bar & Café
An oasis of tranquility, Pool Bar & Café offers exotic drinks and light fare for guests who can’t bear to leave their spot in the sun.
Located in the east side of the gaming area, Breeze Bar – a new addition to Beau Rivage – lets guests mix and mingle in style as they enjoy signature cocktails while taking in the casino action.
Ranked as one of Nightclub & Bar Magazine's top 100 establishments in the country for its uniqueness and quality of service, EIGHT75 is close to the action yet far from the usual. Located just off the casino floor, EIGHT75 delivers a stirring mix of classic cocktails and signature martinis in a contemporary, plush environment.
Widely regarded as the premier entertainment resort in the south, Beau Rivage continues its tradition of bringing top headline entertainment to the Mississippi Gulf Coast nearly every weekend. Headline entertainers from Jay Leno and Bryan Adams to the Four Tops and the Temptations have left their mark at Beau Rivage.
The Beau Rivage Theatre plays host to today’s brightest stars. The 1,550-seat theatre features a $1 million, state-of-the-art sound-and-lighting system and is considered one of the best-equipped theaters in the country.
From world-renowned recording artists, magicians and comedians, to full-scale international production shows and Broadway-style revues, the Beau’s entertainment offerings excite audiences of all ages. For updated listings or to reserve tickets, call (888) 566-7469 or visit www.beaurivage.com.
Already known for the Gulf’s best gaming, Beau Rivage raises the bar yet higher. The resort’s 85,000-square-foot casino features 109 table games, 2,051 slot machines including 230 video poker games. Additionally, the casino offers one-hundred percent coinless gaming and a new two-tiered poker room with 16 tables and weekly tournaments.
Beau Rivage’s stylish new gaming area features a luxurious high-stakes area functioning as a ‘casino within a casino.’ The area includes a high-limit lounge with 10 blackjack tables and one interchangeable roulette/baccarat table, a high-limit slot room boasting 100 slot machines with the latest technology, an exclusive buffet and bar lounge, dedicated cashier services, private restrooms and round-the-clock concierge service.
Guests experience elegance and style along Beau Rivage’s exclusive shopping promenade featuring 12 newly remodeled and redesigned boutiques. The retail shops feature the latest designer trends and offer a variety of treasures from exquisite jewels to whimsical specialty items. The promenade plays host to fashion shows, art displays, modeling expositions and other special events.
Located on the second floor adjacent to the Beau Rivage Spa and Salon, Actique is the ultimate spa and beauty store. Actique offers hair, skin and body care as well as cosmetics by CHANTECAILLE and Smashbox – where you can make an appointment for a complimentary beauty make over. You will also find hair care products from J.F. Lazartique, “Haute Couture for the Hair” and ageless skin care from Freeze 24/7, it’s better than Botox. You’ll also find an array of active wear for the gym; and men and women swimwear for the pool.
Beau Rivage Collections
Beau Rivage Collections offers leading designer brands in ladies sportswear, including high fashion designs by St John Sport, St John Collection, St John Evening, Valentino RED, Catherine Malandrino, M Missoni, Escada Sport, Dina Bar-el, Rizal furs and leather. You will also discover Judith Leiber handbags as well as Via La Moda ostrich handbags and accessories.
Beau Rivage Emporium
Beau Rivage Emporium is a wonderful gift shop where you will discover a unique collection of gifts for the home, kids apparel, toys and books, along with a variety of women’s apparel. A variety of local Mississippi Gourmet Food, and cookbooks as well as local bath and body products from the Pass Christian Soap Company are available in this shop. During the Christmas season, you will find an extensive collection Christmas ornaments and gifts.
Bellini Men’s Apparel
Bellini presents a notable collection of top designer labels for men such as sport coats by Canali, men’s casual wear by Robert Graham AXIZ and DKNY. You will also find Golf Apparel and accessories by Bobby Jones and merchandise from the Fallen Oak Pro Shop. Bellini also carries Men’s fine jewelry and accessories from Gucci, John Hardy, David Yurman and Lagos. Men’s shoes by Cole Haan and Tommy Bahama are also available in Bellini.
The $10 Store
The $10 Store offers fashionable items such as handbags, fashion jewelry, watches, scarves and sunglasses. This accessory filled boutique also offers an assortment of men’s items including: ties wallets, belts, cuff links, and more – all for just $10 each.
Located at the entrance of the self-parking garage, BR ETC. is a one-stop-shop for sundries, souvenirs and much more. The boutique features whimsical gifts, postcards, newspapers and snacks as well as Beau Rivage logo items and gifts for the home. Also available are seasonal items such as Mardi Gras beads and gifts.
Capri offers a fabulous selection of apparel and accessories from top designers such as Karen Kane, Lily Pulitzer, KLS and more. You will also find fine bath and body products as well as fine fragrances such as Lady Primrose, L’Occitane, Niven Morgan, Juicy Couture, Jivago, Creed and Bond No.9 New York. Fashion jewelry and accessories by Mignon Faget , Kenneth Jay Lane, and Brighton.
da Milano has returned bigger and better with a vibrant new interior design scheme and new merchandise. Guests enjoy a myriad of shoe styles and accessories by Juicy Couture, J Renee, Stuart Weitzman, KORS by Michael Kors, ICON, Isabella Fiore, Brighton, Bric’s and Donald Pliner. A unique collection of Via La Moda ostrich handbags, briefcases and accessories also can be found within this fashionable boutique.
Fallen Oak Pro Shop
Located at the exclusive Tom Fazio-designed Fallen Oak, this pro shop delivers it all for today's serious golfer including logo’d apparel, accessories and unique merchandise from Bobby Jones, Nike, Polo and more. The shop is also one of only 10 locations in the country to feature the exclusive "Tiger Woods Golf Concept."
Impulse is where shoppers will find a complete selection of ready-to-wear outwear, sunglasses, costume jewelry, magazines, newspapers, accessories, hats, gifts, sundries and candies. Also available are a selection of Mississippi gourmet foods. Additionally, the boutique features a selection of Beau Rivage logo items and souvenirs. Impulse is located behind the hotel guest elevators.
From Valentine's Day and Mardi Gras to Easter and Christmas, Nu'vo lets guests celebrate the season in style with an ever-changing selection of seasonal merchandise. Nu’vo also offers a variety of regional and Mississippi foods from Tabasco, the Mississippi Cheese Straw Factory, Courtney Farms and others. During the holiday season, Nu’Vo features a collection of designer ornaments by Radko, Karen Didion and Ditz, Fitz and Floyd.
The Jewelry Box
Gracing Beau Rivage’s elegant atrium lobby, the boutique’s exclusive watch and jewelry collections include designs by Cartier, Gucci, David Yurman, John Hardy and Steven Lagos. Guests will also discover diamond jewelry by Hearts on Fire, Roberto Coin and Charriol.
Conveniently situated on the pool deck, Waves has everything guests need to prepare for a day in the sun including suntan lotion, sunglasses, hats, beach bags and more.
With its fabulous view of the Gulf, Beau Rivage’s lushly landscaped tropical pool is the perfect blend of fun and relaxation for a crowd of friends, a business event or a private getaway for two. Private poolside cabanas include every possible luxury, including impeccable service from a cabana concierge. Additional deck space is ideal for outdoor events and private functions.
Just a short drive from Beau Rivage Resort and Casino is Fallen Oak. Designed exclusively for Beau Rivage by legendary course architect Tom Fazio, Fallen Oak offers spectacular play and formidable challenges through one of the most lush and splendid architectural landscapes in the country.
Fallen Oak features more than 1,000 mature oaks, pines and magnolias; 3,500 tons of Tour Grade Signature Blend sand; wetlands, forest, marshes, pecan groves and more, in addition to five sets of tees with risk-reward options on each hole. A 12,000-square-foot clubhouse resembles an Acadian-style mansion and features top-level dining and panoramic views of the 18th hole and the majestic live oak that gives Fallen Oak its name.
THE SPA AND SALON
Considered an entire destination unto itself, the Spa and Salon at Beau Rivage is already being heralded for its unique architectural design and unparalleled menu of treatments. Designed to be the most expansive and luxurious in the entire southeast, the Spa at Beau Rivage is designed with a glass solarium that affords views of the majestic sky above, while soft, soothing colors relax the spirit.
Within the Spa’s solarium, guests can retreat into a cozy atmosphere featuring plush sofas and overstuffed chairs in warm, welcoming hues. Designed in a living room setting, the solarium delivers all the comforts of home while inspiring the feelings of serenity and calm encompassing only the best in spa experiences.
The relaxation lounge is the ideal place to rest between treatments or to enjoy light, gourmet spa cuisine. The juice bar features freshly squeezed vegetable juices and refreshing smoothies made from only the freshest fruits and healthiest proteins, while light and healthy fare from the spa menu is served in the solarium. The meditation area provides a soft, soothing environment for self-reflection before and after treatments.
The Spa and Salon maintains a staff of more than 70 highly trained professionals, ranging from massage therapists and aestheticians to cosmetologists and hair stylists. The facility features 14 massage treatment rooms; four facial rooms; two private pedicure rooms; one deluxe group pedicure room, that can accommodate up to five guests at one time; five manicure stations; five stylist stations; three make-up stations; a workout facility; and separate vanity areas for men and women featuring steam, sauna and whirlpool amenities.
The tranquil surroundings and expert staff are just the beginning of this new spa experience. The Spa and Salon’s expanded menu incorporates treatments found at the world’s top resorts, perfected with southern flair at Beau Rivage.
For the face: Designed specifically for teenagers, the Teen Time Facial incorporates gentle products to cleanse, exfoliate and balance the skin; as indulgent as it is effective, Beau Rivage’s Caviar & Pearl Facial envelops the skin in a lavish treatment of anti-aging caviar, crushed pearls and Escutoxä, a natural vegetable-based alternative to Botox that rejuvenates, firms and hydrates the skin; an equal treat for the inside and out, the Chakra Stone Facial soothes frazzled skin and nerves using warm stones to balance the body’s seven chakras while gently massaging away facial tension; and the Youthful Recovery Epidermabrasion removes dead skin cells non-aggressively and immediately reduces fine lines, wrinkles, scars and hyper pigmentation. Beyond skincare treatments, guests can indulge in a professional makeover from one of the resort’s talented make-up artists. Using Chantecaille cosmetics – an exclusive line that combines cutting-edge technology and the purest, most natural ingredients possible – the experts can provide guests with a luxurious new look in the blink of a well-shadowed eye.
The salon’s professionals also can enhance facial features with new make-up techniques that last longer than just a night. The Spa and Salon now offers Beautiful Eyes, eyelash and brow tinting using a natural Vegatal Dye; and Xtreme Eyelashes, actual eyelash extensions in any color, to the exact fullness and length guests desire.
For the body: Utilizing natural sea salts and a blend of essential oils, the Mississippi Sand Scrub restores guests’ radiant glow and leaves the body smooth and luminous. While guests enjoy scalp and facial massages, the Seaweed Therapy Wrap flushes toxins from the body and replenishes important minerals. For pain and stress relief, the Therapeutic Massage relieves chronic muscle tension and body aches; and the Sweet Sensations Massage combines the powerful effects of Swedish massage with aromatherapy to achieve relaxation, stress reduction, balancing and revitalization. For “Mothers-To-Be,” the Spa offers a soothing massage specifically designed for women in their second or third trimester providing immediate relief of back and neck pressure and water tension in the legs. Additionally, the Spa features a Twice as Nice Couples Massage for duos wishing to receive customized massages within the same room, each with an individual therapist.
For the feet: The Chocolate Silk Pedicure features all the sweets one desires without an ounce of guilt. Guests relax as they are pampered with a minty chocolate foot scrub, rich
chocolate oil, chocolate butter and fondue foot mask. As an added treat, guests can also indulge in Beau Rivage’s new signature Stone Pedicure using warm stones and essential oils to melt away tensions in the feet and body.
For the hair: The Spa and Salon at Beau Rivage is honored to introduce the j.f. lazartigue ‘LES SOINS D’EXCEPTION’ Collection as the signature hair treatment for its valued guests. Developed in 2003 by Monsieur Lazartigue, this revolutionary line repairs and restores severely damaged or over-processed hair with the most precious ingredients from Madagascar, Peru and Indonesia, and leaves hair feeling healthy and with an incredible shine.
Aptly called “Haute Couture for the Hair,” Beau Rivage has selected the j.f. lazartigue ‘LES SOINS D’EXCEPTION’ collection to offer the ultimate luxury in hair care.
The deluxe group pedicure room at the Spa and Salon at Beau Rivage is perfect for a girls’ weekend, bachelorette or bridal party. This room can accommodate ‘pamper parties’ for up to five friends to gather for an indulgent pedicure without missing a beat on the day’s gossip.
On par with any world-class spa, Beau Rivage boasts a state-of-the-art fitness facility featuring top-of-the-line Cybex Eagle equipment. The resistance section alone features 20 different machines designed to work every muscle group, and the cardio equipment includes an extensive selection of stair climbers, recumbent bicycles and treadmills.
To continue the spa journey at home, some of the world's best spa and beauty product lines, including Pevonia, j.f. lazartigue, StriVectin, Kinerase, Pass Christian Soap Company and Chantecaille are available for purchase at Actique, the nearby spa boutique.
MEETINGS AND CONVENTIONS
Beau Rivage is the elegant choice for meetings of all sizes. The resort’s charming meeting and convention space, coupled with the Beau’s impeccable service and sophistication, leaves an indelible impression on meeting attendees.
Beau Rivage effortlessly merges unparalleled refinement with the most technologically advanced business procedures available. Guests to Beau Rivage experience flawlessly executed meetings and conventions complemented by the warmth and tradition of the American South.
All meeting and convention facilities are located on the resort’s second floor, making business or personal gatherings easily accessible but distinctly separate from other resort activities. Beau Rivage’s 50,000-square-foot, state-of-the-art meeting facilities are able to accommodate up to 1,800 people. Along with the resort’s 17,000-square-foot Magnolia Ballroom, two smaller ballrooms – Camellia and Azalea – can be configured from 1,000 to 7,200 square feet. The latter overlooks the Mississippi Sound and extends to a poolside patio.
For smaller business affairs, the elegantly appointed Oaks Boardroom offers 520 square feet of space within an intimate setting. The boardroom is decorated in richly furnished wood and includes an adjoining bar and pantry.
A professional catering and convention service staff can assist meeting planners with all aspects of their catering needs from small coffee meetings to elaborate banquets for large groups. The meeting and convention area includes full-service kitchens where catering needs, no matter how simple or complex, are met in a professional and pleasant manner.
For technical needs, all meeting space can be outfitted with state-of-the-art audio-visual equipment, including rear-screen projection, concert audio systems, intelligent lighting systems, video-and-data projection capabilities, monitors, high-intensity overhead projectors and microphones.
# # #